The Sprankle family ran mills and owned property on Mud Brook Creek and the Erie Canal towpath adjacent to the Tuscarawas River in Section 19, 20 and 30 of Jackson Township, Stark County, Ohio. See family parcels owned by E. Sprankle and Jacob Reed Estate (44.55 acres). Jacob's wife was Sarah Sprankle, daughter of John Sprankle of Bath Township. Also note that Millport is located on the Tuscarawas River towpath.
Below is a photograph of a mill considered to be similar to the one described in the "History of Stark County, in the section on Jackson Twp." page 544. The mill was purchased by Michael Sprankle and was described as being know as the "High Mill" because it was four stories high. Land parcel maps show that Ephriam Sprankle owned the mill and land in 1896. The road where the Sprankle mill was located is called High Mill Road on maps in 2007.